Thursday, October 11, 2012

Why St. Andre Bessette for a Choir Festival?



Several people 
have asked
why would I choose
St. Andre Bessette
(formally, St. Francis Xavier)
as the place
to hold this Choir Festival.

The reasons are many!

First and foremost,
I grew up there.
I made my First Communion there.
All three of my sons were baptized there.
My father’s funeral,
my grandmother’s funeral,
and my Uncle Roy’s funeral
were all  held there.
The church building
and the parish community
hold many dear memories for me.

Also,
it was the first parish
where I served as musician and choir director.
But even more. . .
... did you read that blog post I wrote
about the song “The Lord Is Risen?”
The first song I ever accompanied at a mass
was when I was in the sixth grade
and in the children’s choir. ..
. . .at St. Francis Xavier,
which, now, through the clustering process,
is the new parish St. Andre Bessette.
What better place to celebrate 30 years in music ministry
than the place where my ministry began?

But I have always loved the Parish Center building.
In all honesty,
it’s one of the very best church social halls
I have ever seen.
It’s large and very open.
Plus,
it also has small rooms
where choirs/ musicians
can tune up and warm-up
before they perform,
without disturbing the goings on
in the main hall.

The kitchen is large and wonderful.

And the parking lot
is huge and open,
with another small lot located in front.

Plus,
St. Andre Bessette is very easy to find.
It’s located on Outer Drive
at W. Jefferson,
right where Outer Driver ends.

Anyhow,
I really do love St. Andre Bessette
and I’m certain
you’ll have a great time at the Choir Festival!

Bring your maracas and your tambourine
and do plan on joining in
on the music making!!!!!

And remember,
children are welcome!
The children’s choir I currently direct
will be among those performing for this event,
so let the children come!
And if you have that tambourine,
do bring it with you
and let a child enjoy the music ministry!


Saturday, Oct. 27th.
The event starts at noon and will last about 2 1/2 hours,
followed by a coffee social.

The Choir Festival will take place
at St. Andre Bessette Parish
(formally, St. Francis Xavier).
4250 W. Jefferson
Ecorse, MI  48192

There will be no charge for this event
but a freewill offering will be accepted

 to help defray the cost of hosting this event.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your thoughts!